Sunday, September 14, 2014

Tufted Titmouse on Quaking Aspen Branch Watercolor Illustration

The manager at Dancing Eye Gallery, who I've also become friends with over the past few years, requested a Fall bird illustration to have for sale in the gallery on cards and prints. So, I brainstormed with the help of my husband on what kind of bird I wanted to illustrate, and we came up with the Tufted Titmouse on a Quaking Aspen Branch. We were on our way to the family cottage to Drummond Island and the Tufted Titmouse came to mind for my husband and the Quaking Aspen for me. I contacted Janine when we got home and told her what my plans were and what I was working on and sadly I had also just found out that Janine just lost her Mom. She was speechless about the bird and tree that I chose because one of her Mom's favorite trees was the Aspen, as she grew up in Colorado. When they moved later in life and she had her own home with her family, Janine's mom insisted that Aspen's were on their property. Janine also remembers that she loved feeding the Tufted Titmouse. I'm pretty certain that these sorts of things happen for a reason. I took the new piece out to the gallery today and Janine was so happy about the piece. Sometimes the universe works in mysterious ways. I couldn't be happier to know that this piece will forever have wonderful memories of Janine's Mom forever for Janine, because happiness for me is creating art and if my art makes someone else happy that's truly the ultimate reward.

Tufted Titmouse on Quaking Aspen Branch
prints now available in my Etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails